Bloglovin'

Monday 11 January 2016

WDW Guide: Disney's Hollywood Studios

The next in my series of WDW park guides

So this may just be my favourite park. Although Magic Kingdom is the mother of all disney parks, Hollywood Studio's doesn't fall far behind in my opinion.



There has always been something about the Hollywood theming that intrigues me and genuinely excites me.

As soon as you pass through the turnstiles, walking down fake Hollywood boulevard brings me the same excitement in my stomach that walking down Main Street USA does when you first see the castle.



The array of attractions, shops, restaurants and shows are what makes this park. I could easily spend a whole day here although many people say it can be done in half a day.

I think to appreciate the true beauty and effort that went into the making of this park, you need to spend a day where you can look at the incredible theming of the merchandise shops, the street actors, the themed restaurants, even down to the queuing areas of the attractions.

Some of the big name attractions are here, including Rock 'n' Rollercaster, which is a high speed upside down coaster that cruises to the soundtrack of Aerosmith.




Then there's The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, where you plunge up and down in a haunted elevator.



There's more for the kids, including the ever so popular Toy Story Midway Mania.
These top 3 I thoroughly recommend getting fastpasses for, as the queues can be long. I queued two hours for Toy Story! Luckily, it was worth it.

There are lots of little attractions that celebrate animation and Walt's creations, as well as famous movies and the big film franchise of Star Wars. These can offer a welcome break inside AC and away from the heat.

Another must-do of this park are the shows. Much like Animal Kingdom, these rival broadway musicals.

The best is Beauty and the Beast! It is so beautiful and captivating that I could see it over a hundred times and never get bored. Similarly there is Voyage of the Little Mermaid which retells the classic story.



For the more masculine side, there is the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show featuring high speed car chases and stunts, as well as the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. This was the first time seeing it for me and I was completely surprised at how funny and clever it was! Make sure you see this.

Indiana Jones

Parade wise, it changes so do check the schedule for when you visit, but whilst I was there it was all about Frozen. Seriously, there were Frozen themed parades, fireworks, dance parties, drinks, cupcakes, the list goes on!

Frozen fever!

Frozen Dance Party


Olaf Cupcake

After all the excitement of the attractions and shows, eating is easy here as there are so many quick service outlets that provide a variety of food for all types, and there are some unique table service meals perfect for a break from all that walking.

I tried the 50s Prime Time Cafe which offers great food as well as incredible service from the waiters and waitresses.
Basically, it transports you back to the home-cooked meal days where you would sit at a table each evening with the rest of your family, be told off for not eating your vegetables or having your elbows on the table, and they even give you homework to do while you are waiting for the food. This was such an amazing experience and really makes the time you are waiting for you food go by quickly.




I had the delicious salmon entree with warm apple crisp for desert which reminded me of my mum's home cooked apple crumble!

To end the day in this fantastic park, there is only one night time show to see, and that is Fantasmic. You will be blown away by this, not as good as Wishes, but just as mind-blowing and great for all the family.

Make sure you arrive in good time to get a good seat.

My only decent photo of Fantastic









No comments:

Post a Comment